Thursday, April 20, 2017

*ARC* Troll Cries - Review

Troll Cries

By: Ashley C. Harris

Published: January 31, 2017

Source: ebook, Netgalley ARC from publisher

(Goodreads / Amazon)

Summary:
Abby and Wilhelm's adventure continues in a game of deadly secrets and magical warfare. Who will remain human and who will escape alive becomes anybody's guess when trolls and knights are involved.


TROLL CRIES, the sequel to Ashley C. Harris's international bestselling novel TROLL, will leave her readers gasping for more.
 
MY REVIEW:
It's not you....it's me? I'm not completely sure, but whatever the reason/s, it took me entirely too long to finish this book. From March 2nd to April 13th to be exact. Blame it on my kids busy schedule...blame it on my attention being elsewhere, blame it on the book not keeping me fully invested. There was a lot of reasons really why I just didn't feel like picking this one back up but I didn't really want to DNF it either. So I pushed on....and on....and on. For 42 stinkin days! I thought the story would wrap up and I would be happy I stuck with it. But no, that wasn't the case and it ended in a cliffhanger.

Unfortunately this is one of those stories that I just don't have much to say about. It was okay. I enjoyed parts of it. Mostly from the prequel what I enjoyed most was the interaction between Wilhelm and Abby. Sadly, that's missng for the majority of this book. That left me feeling meh overall.

Basically in this part of the book human kids are turning into trolls and Abby is trying to stop their transformation, all while also battling evil knights (who hunt and kill trolls) who want her dead too, and trying to figure out her own destiny in all of this new crazy world.

The biggest accomplishment I can say is that I finished it. If you want to know more about the series check out my review for the prequel, which should be read first, called Troll.

Language Rating: 1 (light)
Mature Content Rating: 1 (light)
Final Rating: 3 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...